1. Apply a thin layer of glue to canvas surface. Pinch off pieces of clay, flatten in hands and secure randomly
to canvas. Leave some space blank.
2. Add interest by pulling fingernails through clay
making curved valleys. Smooth surface with water.
3. Scrape away a square area at bottom right with knife as shown.
4. Mold Paperclay in Jiffy Molds and secure pieces
to a water moistened area. Smooth seams and add detail lines or dots to accents with clay shaper.
5. Roll ropes of clay with tapered ends to form the
ART letters and secure to moistened area on piece.
6. Optional step: Add your initials to moistened area
of piece with tiny ropes of clay-to sign your work.
7. When clay is completely dry, paint surface and
side edges with large flat brush, dipping it into two
colors of paint each stroke. Sample uses gold and green. (Refer to finished project photo above).
8. Paint molded details and highlight with a
lighter paint color. Paint desired designs in open frame area and on background (I did a heart and a
bunch of roses) with various Lumiere colors.