1. Measure the top of the box
where the tiles will sit. Make a template out of cardstock.
2. Paint the box black with acrylic paint then let dry. Paint the box with
red, let dry. Sand the edges to expose some of the black paint for an aged
look. Finally, paint the box with gold, lightly so the other colors show
3. Roll out a piece of Creative Paperclay® about a quarter of an inch
thick. Lay the cardstock template on the rolled out piece and cut around
4. When stamping the clay first stamp out the letters of the words you are
using, in this case, love. Press the other stamps into the clay around the
5. Lay the template back onto the clay and cut off any clay that can be
seen around the template.
6. Cut the clay into tiles. For a small rectangular box the final number
of tiles is three tiles horizontally and two tiles vertically, 6 tiles
altogether. Let clay dry.
7. Paint the tiles gold. Let dry. On the raised surface of the tiles brush
the tiles with scarlet pigment ink. With a soft paintbrush dust the tiles
with the Moonglow pigment powder.
8. Brush the tiles with amber pigment ink and dust again with the Moonglow
pigment powder. Lightly brush the edges of the tile with the Turquoise ink
9. Seal the tiles with an acrylic spray sealer. Do not use a brush-on
sealer, it will remove the color of the pigment inks. Also seal the box at
the same time.
10. Glue the tiles to the top of the box with E6000 Adhesive.